Following reports that Rory Stewart, a former contender for the Conservative leadership was once a member of the Secret Intelligence Service, Andrew Defty of ParliLinc, discusses the history of spies in Parliament.
In this month’s newsletter, we have the following announcements/information:
- Final reminder for our Annual Conference: 12 July deadline
- Fourteenth Workshop of Parliamentary Scholars and Parliamentarians (Wroxton Workshop)
- House of Lords looking for new adviser
- Huddersfield Workshop on Hansard
- News from our members
- Essay competition – thanks for submissions
- New ParliLinc network established
- Mackenzie Prize nomination
- Recently on our blog
If you have any notices / messages you would like us to circulate to the group, please let us know.
James Weinberg, University of Sheffield discusses his research into the psychology of members of the UK Parliament – and what it can tell us about the Conservative leadership race – in a blog originally posted by The Conversation.
Blerim Vela analyses the recent European Commission 2019 annual country reports for the Western Balkans counties, and what the report reveals for the national parliaments in the region.